Enrollment FAQ’s



Can you guarantee enrollment?

Enrollment is based on a first come, first serve basis, depending on the date a completed application is received. When we reach capacity, a waiting list will be created and a lottery will be conducted as openings occur. A student is officially enrolled when the parent AND student have signed a Master Agreement.

What do I need for proof of residency?

Any of the following is acceptable:

(1) Property tax payment receipts.
(2) Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts.
(3) Utility service contract, statement, or payment receipts. (If phone bill, must be a landline.)
(4) Pay stubs.
(5) Voter registration.
(6) Correspondence from a government agency.
(7) Declaration of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of a pupil.

I live with a relative or friend so none of the bills are in my name. How do I show Proof of Residency?

Obtain a utility bill from the address you currently reside, along with a letter from the person you are living with stating that you and your child(ren) are living with them, and explain that you have no mail and/or bills in your name.

When does enrollment take place during the year?

We typically begin enrollment in early March. Enrollment closes at the end of February.

My student has an IEP, do you service Special Education students?

Yes.  However, students with IEPs cannot participate in independent study unless it is deemed an appropriate instructional placement in their IEP.  The CDE provides explicit rules regarding the admission of students with IEPs into independent study:

A. Special education students may not participate in independent study unless it is specified as an instructional method in their individualized education program (IEP). EC Section 51745(c)     ….. see more information under Special Education

What is an Individualized Education Plan?

An Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or Program is a mandated part of the education of people who have been deemed to have special education needs. This plan would have been created by your child’s current or previous school.  They should have sent you a copy.  If you do not have one, please contact the school and ask them to send a copy to you.

Must I include an original copy of my child’s birth certificate?

No, a copy of the original will be sufficient.

Where can I get a copy of my child’s immunization records?

You can obtain a copy of immunization records from your child’s physician. Contact the last school your child was enrolled and request a copy of these documents. When you enroll, please fill out your immunization forms COMPLETELY.  Check all necessary boxes and sign all necessary lines.  Incomplete forms will delay enrollment.

Where do I get the Report of Health Exam filled out?

Take the Report of Health Exam to your child’s physician or a local clinic.  They need to complete an exam and fill out the paperwork.  If you child has not had an oral health exam and you can’t get them to the dentist, please complete the backside of the form (it is a waiver) and check off the box that reflects your situation.

When can my child start Kindergarten?

A student must turn 5 years old on or before September 1st.

Do you offer a Transitional Kindergarten (TK) program?

Yes.  TK is the first year of a two-year kindergarten program that uses a developmentally appropriate, modified curriculum for the student.  A student is eligible for TK if he/she turns 5 years of age between September 2 – December 2.

I turned in my application, now what?

Your child’s application will be processed, and we will call you if we have any questions or concerns. You will be contacted when your enrollment is complete. The submission of an application does not constitute enrollment.


Does iLEAD send out a newsletter?

Yes we do. We have a monthly newsletter from the main school that comes out approximately once a month called iLEAD News & World Report. Then we have a weekly Monday Message specific to our Antelope Valley studio. Sign up to receive the newsletters and messages below.

Is iLEAD on Facebook?

Yes we are! Come join us! The iLEAD Antelope Valley link is: https://www.facebook.com/iLEADAntelopeValley/