Click to View Enrollment Forms Below FAQs
- Is iLEAD on Facebook?
- Does iLEAD send out a newsletter?
- I turned in my application. Now what?
- Do you offer a Transitional Kindergarten (TK) program?
- When can my child start kindergarten?
- Where do I get the Report of Health Exam filled out?
- Where can I get a copy of my child’s immunization records?
- Must I include an original copy of my child’s birth certificate?
- What is an Individualized Education Plan?
- My student has an IEP. Do you serve Special Education students?
- When does enrollment take place during the year?
- I live with a relative or friend, so none of the bills are in my name. How do I show Proof of Residency?
- What do I need for Proof of Residency?
- Can you guarantee enrollment?
Is iLEAD on Facebook?
Yes, we are! Come join us! The iLEAD Antelope Valley link is facebook.com/iLEADAntelopeValley.
Does iLEAD send out a newsletter?
Yes, we do. We have a weekly Monday Message. Sign up below to receive the newsletters and messages.
I turned in my application. Now what?
Your child’s application will be processed, and we will call you if we have any questions or concerns. You will be contacted when your enrollment is complete. The submission of an application does not constitute enrollment.
Do you offer a Transitional Kindergarten (TK) program?
Yes. TK is the first year of a two-year kindergarten program that uses a developmentally appropriate, modified curriculum for the student. A student is eligible for TK if he/she enters at 4 years of age and turns 5 years of age between September 2 through December 2.
When can my child start kindergarten?
A student must turn 5 years old on or before September 1 of his/her kindergarten school year.
Where do I get the Report of Health Exam filled out?
Take the Report of Health Exam to your child’s physician or a local clinic. They need to complete an exam and fill out the paperwork. If your child has not had an oral health exam and you can’t get them to the dentist, please complete the back of the form (it is a waiver) and check off the box that reflects your situation.
Where can I get a copy of my child’s immunization records?
You can obtain a copy of immunization records from your child’s physician. Or you my contact the last school where your child was enrolled, if applicable, and request a copy of these documents. When you enroll, please fill out your immunization forms completely. Check all necessary boxes and sign all necessary lines. Incomplete forms will delay enrollment.
Must I include an original copy of my child’s birth certificate?
No, a copy of the original will be sufficient.
What is an Individualized Education Plan?
An Individualized Education Plan/Program (IEP) is a mandated part of the education of people who have been deemed to have special education needs. This plan would have been created by your child’s current or previous school, if applicable. They should have sent you a copy. If you do not have one, please contact the school and ask them to send a copy to you.
My student has an IEP. Do you serve Special Education students?
Yes. However, students with IEPs cannot participate in independent study unless it is deemed an appropriate instructional placement in their IEP. The CDE provides explicit rules regarding the admission of students with IEPs into independent study:
A. Special education students may not participate in independent study unless it is specified as an instructional method in their individualized education program (IEP). EC Section 51745(c). See more information under Special Education.
When does enrollment take place during the year?
We typically begin enrollment in early March. Enrollment closes at the end of February.
I live with a relative or friend, so none of the bills are in my name. How do I show Proof of Residency?
Obtain a utility bill from the address where you currently reside, along with a letter from the person you are living with stating that you and your child(ren) are living with them, and explain that you have no mail and/or bills in your name.
What do I need for Proof of Residency?
Any of the following will be accepted:
(1) Property tax payment receipts.
(2) Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipts.
(3) Utility service contract, statement, or payment receipts. (If phone bill, must be a landline.)
(4) Pay stubs.
(5) Voter registration.
(6) Correspondence from a government agency.
(7) Declaration of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of a pupil.
Can you guarantee enrollment?
Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis, depending on the date a completed application is received. When we reach capacity, a waiting list will be created and a lottery will be conducted as openings occur. A student is officially enrolled when the parent and student have signed a Master Agreement.