(Please see the school calendar for more information)
- March 20, April 10, 17, 24 – School Campus Tours
- March 23 – Field Day – POSTPONED (Details follow in Monday Message below)
- March 26-30 – Spring Break
- April 2-4 – Learner free days – No School
Eli is in Mrs. Ross’ kindergarten class. He is a good learner, good friend and is very helpful. He knows right from wrong and makes good choices. Recently while our Studio Director, Ms. Rodgers, was visiting his class, he told her he wanted to teach his class how to say mother and father in American Sign Language (ASL).
He demonstrated last week’s Habit # 1 – Be Proactive. Because he taught his class some ASL, his class now wants to learn more about signing and will be able to learn in the ASL workshop.
On sale this week!
This week we will focus on Habit #2: Begin with the end in Mind.
4th grade learners had the opportunity to gain perspective on how to complete research on an animal of their choice. They also created a visual representation of their animal to present to parents, learners and staff.
From Director Monique Rodgers:
iLEAD Antelope Valley family, the Field Day event scheduled for this Friday, March 23, needs to be postponed a few weeks. The new date is April 13. I know it’s going to be a fun event that all of our learners will enjoy. The Field Day team just needs a little more time to collect donations for the picnic. If you are able to donate hot dogs, hot dog buns, or chips for your learner’s class, please let our team know.
Mission Control here…
We are thrilled to announce that we had well over 100 incredible patch designs submitted for this year’s 2018 mission patch design challenge. Congratulations to every learner and facilitator who participated. Mission accomplished beyond our wildest dreams!
This year’s designs were so uniformly well conceived and well executed that we had a very tough time narrowing it down to these selected designer finalists:
|Mercy Sagar, 5th Grade||iLEAD AV|
|Belle Sanfrey, 5th Grade||iLEAD AV|
|Emma Murphy, 4th Grade||iLEAD Encino|
|Scott Kim, 6th Grade||iLEAD Encino|
|Syla Calderon, 4th Grade||iLEAD Lancaster|
|Evelyn Regaldo 7th Grade||iLEAD Lancaster|
|Andrew Villamar, 4th Grade||iLEAD Pacoima|
|James Mercado, 4th Grade||iLEAD Pacoima|
|Jayna Bunao, 1st Grade||SCVi|
|Skyler Verkouteren, 8th Grade||SCVi|
|Sydney Jackson, Upper School||SCVi|
Keep a sharp eye out for Monday Messages in the coming weeks as we send our finalist designs out for the final selection of the two patches, TK-5 and 6-12 that will be flown into space in fall 2018!
PRE ORDER FOR YOUR 2017-2018 YEARBOOKS
ON SALE NOW IN THE OFFICE.
Have you received the “Read to Succeed” info? Here are the fliers if you missed them.
2018-19 enrollment now open online and in the office! If you’re a current family, please fill out our intent to return. If you are a prospective family or are currently on our waitlist, please fill out the 2018-19 intent to enroll to be included in our lottery. www.ileadav.org
Ready for a paint night! We are gathering interest for a Thursday or Friday evening in March. Please email Miss Kelly with your preferred date and how may rsvp’s. Cost is $25 per person and is provided by Tipsee Artist. Adults only, please.
Little iLEADers is now enrolling! Stop by rooms 1 or 2 to pick up your enrollment packet today!
1) Parent Square – Download the app to your smart phone for free and get instant alerts
2) Monday Message – Sign up and read the weekly message for upcoming events and opportunities.
3) iSupport – Get involved and help make change! Join iLEAD’s version of PTA. We need you! Learn More
4) Website – Check out the iLEAD website for a calendar of important dates.
- A survey was sent to all parents requesting your thoughts on what education means to you personally and what makes education at iLEAD AV different. If you have not yet had the opportunity, please complete the survey. We appreciate your help and look forward to your feedback. Please look for the survey in your email.
- We will be having a safety drill on Thursday, March 22, at 9:30 a.m. It is very important to have your learner at school by 9 a.m.
- The spring workshops started on Monday, March 12. The learners are enjoying their new workshops and are excited to learn new skills and sports, and meet new friends.
- January’s extended care billing went out on March 6. Previous balances are due NOW. Please pay in the office. Any questions please email email@example.com.
- LOST & FOUND: There are many sweaters, jackets and clothing in the lost & found bin. Please go through it and see if anything is yours! Anything left over spring break will be donated!
- Parents, please update any changes on your learners’ emergency cards. Any changes or updates, please notify the front office.
- The intent to return went out on Feb. 5. They were due by Feb. 23. If you have not returned them please do so in the office to secure your learner’s spot for next year. If you did not receive one you can pick one up in the office.
- Parents, due to safety reasons, we can not allow learners to enter our parking lot alone via the short wall adjacent to the Starbucks parking lot exit. Please park and walk them through our green gates or drive them to the school parking lot and use our valet line. For your convenience and the safety of all learners, morning valet is strongly encouraged and lasts from 8:30 to 9 a.m. Our traffic pattern is below.
- Attention Parents: If you want your child to have breakfast at iLEAD, please have them at school by 8:45 a.m. so they are not late to class. Class starts at 9 a.m.
- We are collecting Box Top$ in the office. Please bring them in when you can.
- Get your iLEAD T-Shirts, only $10.
- 2016-2017 Yearbooks REDUCED PRICE! $10 (they were $20). Panoramic pictures ($17). Both are available in the office for sale, while supplies last.
Please submit your free/reduced lunch application to the front office as soon as possible. Lunch balances must remain under $20 this school year. Please make payments in the front office. NO LUNCH on Fridays.
Breakfast $ 1.60
Lunch $ 2.75
Breakfast 30 cents
Lunch 40 cents
Hello parents! We encourage the use of VALET for all drop-off and pickup for safety reasons. Avenue K and 20th West is a busy commerce intersection and we value the safety of our learners! Remember, if you are not using valet, all children should be walked to the front door by their parent/guardian. Learners without a chaperone will warrant a call home.
- No learners will be released without a valet card and proper ID.
- Please always enter our lot via the following directions: driving westbound on K-4 and curving right onto 22nd St West and turning right onto Avenue K then right into our driveway. DO NOT turn left into our driveways and always pull as far to the right (curb) as you can get when using the valet line. PLEASE PULL TO THE CURB WHEN WAITING FOR VALET TO BEGIN. STAGGERING PICKUP PREVENTS A BACKUP DOWN AVENUE K. Blocking traffic is illegal Please DO NOT park in VET parking lots — your vehicle will be towed.
- Be very mindful when choosing where to park when visiting our campus for any reason. If you need to drop off your learner and valet is over, please park and walk your learner in. Learners without a parent cannot be properly checked in late.
- Please do not double park or pull up and let your learner out in front of the school, ever. It is very dangerous.
- Please remember that our neighbors are very supportive of our site — despite the impact we have on their daily operations — and that all of our neighbors love iLEAD. Let’s show them the same support by parking in iLEAD parking lots ONLY or the marked green approved area on the map, as well as not blocking driveways and always yielding to our neighbors when using valet.
If you need clarification as to where to park please ask ANY iLEAD employee. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT TURNING LEFT INTO THE VALET ENTRANCE AND OUT OF THE EXIT IS A HAZARD TO BOTH YOUR VEHICLE AND OUR LEARNERS. IT IS ALSO A TRAFFIC PATTERN DISRUPTION and may warrant a citation from law enforcement who frequent our valet area.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our learners and your vehicles safe!