(Please see the school calendar for more information)
- April 9-13 – School Spirit Week
- April 10, 17, 24 – School Campus Tours
- April 13 – Field Day
- April 28 – Vision in Education benefit dinner
Pennies for Patients collection all week! Everything we collect will go to the Lymphoma Society of the AV. Send in your pennies! Your class could win a PARTY!
Our maintenance team, Jed and Mike, replaced the ramp leading to the field over the spring break. A BIG thank you for all your hard work to support the learners’ and staff safety, and working on our campus looking great!
The iLEAD AV team shines at the all-staff collaborative session during the recent professional development days.
She also helped Miss Taylr and the Musical & Theater Workshop spread schoolwide kindness on Friday, March 23, with their “Positive Post-it Campaign.” They posted kind words the learners wrote on Post-It notes on the doors, classrooms, even on our staff!
We should always remember to put first things first!
Friday, April 13
iLEAD AV will be having our very first Field Day. All learners in preschool through 6th grade are welcome to explore their inner champion with games like balloon toss, twister, handball, and many others. It’s a great opportunity for kids to be kids and enjoy the outdoors, games, food and friends!
We are asking each class to donate the following items;
25 hot dogs
25 individual size chip bags
Other donations needed are;
6 jump ropes
6 small watermelons
6 hula hoops
Spray paint (blue, green, red, yellow)
PRE ORDER FOR YOUR 2017-2018 YEARBOOKS
ON SALE NOW IN THE OFFICE.
2018-19 enrollment now open online and in the office! If you are a prospective family or are currently on our waitlist, please fill out the 2018-19 intent to be added to our 2018/19 waitlist. www.ileadav.org
Little iLEADers is now enrolling! Stop by rooms 1 or 2 to pick up your enrollment packet today!
1) Parent Square – Download the app to your smart phone for free and get instant alerts
2) Monday Message – Sign up and read the weekly message for upcoming events and opportunities.
3) iSupport – Get involved and help make change! Join iLEAD’s version of PTA. We need you! Learn More
4) Website – Check out the iLEAD website for a calendar of important dates.
- A survey was sent to all parents requesting your thoughts on what education means to you personally and what makes education at iLEAD AV different. If you have not yet had the opportunity, please complete the survey. We appreciate your help and look forward to your feedback. Please look for the survey in your email.
- The spring workshops started on Monday, March 12. The learners are enjoying their new workshops and are excited to learn new skills and sports, and meet new friends.
- January’s extended care billing went out on March 6. Previous balances are due NOW. Please pay in the office. Any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parents, please update any changes on your learners’ emergency cards. Any changes or updates, please notify the front office.
- The intent to return went out on Feb. 5. They were due by Feb. 23. If you have not returned them please do so in the office to secure your learner’s spot for next year. If you did not receive one you can pick one up in the office.
- Parents, due to safety reasons, we can not allow learners to enter our parking lot alone via the short wall adjacent to the Starbucks parking lot exit. Please park and walk them through our green gates or drive them to the school parking lot and use our valet line. For your convenience and the safety of all learners, morning valet is strongly encouraged and lasts from 8:30 to 9 a.m. Our traffic pattern is below.
- Attention Parents: If you want your child to have breakfast at iLEAD, please have them at school by 8:45 a.m. so they are not late to class. Class starts at 9 a.m.
- We are collecting Box Top$ in the office. Please bring them in when you can.
- Get your iLEAD T-Shirts, only $10.
- 2016-2017 Yearbooks REDUCED PRICE! $10 (they were $20). Panoramic pictures ($17). Both are available in the office for sale, while supplies last.
Please submit your free/reduced lunch application to the front office as soon as possible. Lunch balances must remain under $20 this school year. Please make payments in the front office. NO LUNCH on Fridays.
Breakfast $ 1.60
Lunch $ 2.75
Breakfast 30 cents
Lunch 40 cents
Hello parents! We encourage the use of VALET for all drop-off and pickup for safety reasons. Avenue K and 20th West is a busy commerce intersection and we value the safety of our learners! Remember, if you are not using valet, all children should be walked to the front door by their parent/guardian. Learners without a chaperone will warrant a call home.
- No learners will be released without a valet card and proper ID.
- Please always enter our lot via the following directions: driving westbound on K-4 and curving right onto 22nd St West and turning right onto Avenue K then right into our driveway. DO NOT turn left into our driveways and always pull as far to the right (curb) as you can get when using the valet line. PLEASE PULL TO THE CURB WHEN WAITING FOR VALET TO BEGIN. STAGGERING PICKUP PREVENTS A BACKUP DOWN AVENUE K. Blocking traffic is illegal Please DO NOT park in VET parking lots — your vehicle will be towed.
- Be very mindful when choosing where to park when visiting our campus for any reason. If you need to drop off your learner and valet is over, please park and walk your learner in. Learners without a parent cannot be properly checked in late.
- Please do not double park or pull up and let your learner out in front of the school, ever. It is very dangerous.
- Please remember that our neighbors are very supportive of our site — despite the impact we have on their daily operations — and that all of our neighbors love iLEAD. Let’s show them the same support by parking in iLEAD parking lots ONLY or the marked green approved area on the map, as well as not blocking driveways and always yielding to our neighbors when using valet.
If you need clarification as to where to park please ask ANY iLEAD employee. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT TURNING LEFT INTO THE VALET ENTRANCE AND OUT OF THE EXIT IS A HAZARD TO BOTH YOUR VEHICLE AND OUR LEARNERS. IT IS ALSO A TRAFFIC PATTERN DISRUPTION and may warrant a citation from law enforcement who frequent our valet area.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our learners and your vehicles safe!
Learners will be more active and exerting much more energy outside. With that said they will need refreshing fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and as much water as possible. We’d like to share with you our health and wellness policy to reference and support you and your learners in making good food choices for nourishing the body and mind.
Please keep healthy choices in mind when packing snacks and lunches for school. Thank you for helping us support your learner!
We’ve seen an influx of Heelys on campus. Learners are zipping along the halls and on the play spaces. While we LOVE fun and seeing our learners enjoying themselves, we have to ask that they don’t use the wheels while at school. Please understand this is a safety concern for learners and staff. We want to prevent accidents and keep everyone safe. Heelys brand shoes can be worn, — just please remove the wheels for school.
General safety guidelines also include no skateboards or bicycles being ridden on campus; they must be carried and walked.
Thank you for your understanding and support!