Monday message 08.24.2020
Hello, iLEAD AV Families!
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year!
We are preparing for our learners to begin distance learning on August 25. Facilitators are planning together and have completed their beginning-of-the-year training. Be on the lookout for an email including your learner’s facilitator’s name and weekly learning schedule. Meet the Facilitator Zoom meetings are scheduled for Monday, August 24, so that you will have the opportunity to meet your learner’s facilitator and learn about our new distance learning schedule.
Distance learning will continue as we navigate COVID-19. iLEAD AV will observe the following schedule:
- School Day Hours: 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
- Learners will be assigned to one of two cohorts (A or B). Cohort A will be with their facilitator Monday through Wednesday. Cohort B will be with their facilitator Tuesday through Thursday. Your facilitator will cover the schedule during your Meet the Facilitator session.
We are also planning training sessions to help you support your learners. Click here for information for families regarding how to safely use Zoom.
We look forward to working alongside you this school year!
The iLEAD AV Team
Prospective families, would you like to learn more about iLEAD AV? Sign up for a virtual info session!
- March 11-12: Learner Free Days
- March 19, 25-26: Learner-Led Conferences
- March 24: Zoom Fun Craft Day, 4 PM
- March 25: ELAC Meeting, 4-5 PM. Check ParentSquare for the link to join.
- April 1: iSUPPORT Meeting, 5:30 PM
Remaining Fridays when Cohort A attends classes 9:00 AM-12:30 PM:
- April 16
- June 4
At the heart of the iLEAD Antelope Valley approach to learning is a firm belief that because every child is different, there is a great benefit in education that embraces a learner’s individuality. Setting goals at the beginning of the
Enrolled families must fill out a Meal Service Application for the school year. Free and reduced-price meals are available to qualifying families. While our site is closed, school meals will be grab-and-go with minimal contact and may not be consumed on-site.
If you haven’t had a chance yet, please read on. Thank you for your time! The start of school means getting to know new friends, facilitators, and routines, adjusting to a new way of learning, and, of course, filling out