Monday message 08.31.2020
Dear iLEAD Families,
We are so excited to welcome you and our learners to the 2020-2021 school year! Though our distance learning journey presents new challenges for all of us, we want you to know we are in this together, and we are here for you every step of the way.
To provide you with low-stress, inspired learning, we’ve set the following goals for ourselves for the next couple of weeks:
- Technology access and troubleshooting: Our technology team is working around the clock with our school sites and families to make sure your children can log into their classes and live sessions.
- Building strong relationships with your children: During the first two weeks of school, our facilitators will be focused on making connections with your children to build a foundation for meaningful learning. Therefore, you may not see many academic assignments listed in your children’s classes.
- Helping learners get comfortable with a consistent schedule: We understand our learners need to become familiar with their schedule, whether they’re working from home or, when sites are allowed to reopen, in the classroom. We will be here to gently help them navigate each transition.
- Teaching the skills our learners need to access distance learning: Facilitators and staff will continue to show our learners how to use the tools they need to be successful.
Thank you for entrusting your children’s education to us. Whether we’re in a Zoom Room or a classroom, we will continue to do our best to inspire your kids’ natural love of learning. We are excited to partner with you on this adventure.
If you need technical support, please submit a Learner Support Tech Ticket.
Prospective families, would you like to learn more about iLEAD AV? Sign up for a virtual info session!
- March 11-12: Learner Free Days
- March 19, 25-26: Learner-Led Conferences
- March 24: Zoom Fun Craft Day, 4 PM
- March 25: ELAC Meeting, 4-5 PM. Check ParentSquare for the link to join.
- April 1: iSUPPORT Meeting, 5:30 PM
Remaining Fridays when Cohort A attends classes 9:00 AM-12:30 PM:
- April 16
- June 4
Parents, during our Meet the Facilitator Zoom meetings, facilitators spoke to you about the A and B cohorts (groups). Learners will check in daily for Morning Meeting/Advisory and, depending on the cohort schedule, should be with their facilitator at least
Parents, recently we sent out our master agreements to you. Some signed online, and others used their phones. We were not aware until August 25, but phone signatures did not go through. You have received another agreement. Thank you for
Spend even just a few moments inquiring about iLEAD Antelope Valley’s approach to education, and one of the first things you’ll hear about is project-based learning, or PBL. It’s at the core of our approach to school and a proven
Enrolled families must fill out a Meal Service Application for the school year. Free and reduced-price meals are available to qualifying families. While our site is closed, school meals will be grab-and-go with minimal contact and may not be consumed on-site.
If you haven’t had a chance yet, please read on. Thank you for your time! The start of school means getting to know new friends, facilitators, and routines, adjusting to a new way of learning, and, of course, filling out