(Please see the school calendar for more information)
- Feb. 12 – Second Semester workshops start.
- Feb. 13, 20, 27 – School Campus Tours
- Feb. 16, 22, 23 – Learner Led Conferences (LLC)
- Feb. 19 – Presidents Day-No School
- Feb. 22 – Minimum Day – All grades
Info and committee meeting 2 p.m. Feb. 21 at iLEAD AV for both campuses. Please join us!
2018-19 enrollment now open online and in the office! If you’re a current family, please fill out our intent to return. If you are a prospective family or are currently on our waitlist, please fill out the 2018-19 intent to enroll to be included in our lottery. www.ileadav.org
Please join us for a combined dinner fundraising evening for iLEAD Lancaster and iLEAD AV on Wednesday, Feb. 21, from 4 to 8 p.m. at Jersey Mike’s.
Ready for a paint night! We are gathering interest for a Thursday or Friday evening in March. Please email Miss Kelly with your preferred date and how may rsvp’s. Cost is $25 per person and is provided by Tipsee Artist. Adults only, please.
The 5th grade had their POL on Tuesday, focusing on the driving question: “How can I, as a biologist, inform the world about an animal and the ecosystem the chosen animal thrives in?” The learners individually researched about an animal of their choice and in groups researched the ecosystem in which their animals thrived. They each did research papers and created ecosystems to show their parents and other classrooms. Great job 5th grade!
Mr. Roque’s 2nd grade class was surprised with an ice cream party on Tuesday. They were one of the winners of the highest made auction baskets at the Winter Production. The learners had so much fun making and eating their ice cream sundaes. One learner said, “Thank you for the ice cream, it was so good and I had so much fun today!” Learners enjoyed ice cream and yummy fresh fruit including strawberries and bananas. A fun time was had by all. Ice cream party donated by: Albertsons, Avenue K and 20th West.
- Coin Star
- Money Gram
- Wells Fargo
Hurricane Maria devastated Puerto Rico nearly eight months ago, and still today more than 50 percent of the U.S. territory is without electricity or drinking water. There is much more rebuilding, roofing in dire need of repair, farms that supply food for the island need to be restored, and water filtration systems need repair or replacement. A group of SCVi and iLEAD learners will be going to Puerto Rico over their spring break to help. You can help, too, by donating to the Go Fund Me page or purchasing supplies directly.
To donate cash please click here.
To donate supplies, please see the Amazon wish list: https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/newwl/ref=nav_wishlist_lists_3
1) Parent Square – Download the app to your smart phone for free and get instant alerts
2) Monday Message – Sign up and read the weekly message for upcoming events and opportunities.
3) iSupport – Get involved and help make change! Join iLEAD’s version of PTA. We need you! Learn More
4) Website – Check out the iLEAD website for a calendar of important dates.
This week many of our learners in the 6th grade attended a science camp on Catalina Island. They were very excited as they set sale on the Catalina Express Ferry. Here are a few pictures of their bon voyage. More to come next week featuring their adventures.
- The intent to return went out on Feb. 5. Please return by Feb. 23 in the office to secure your learner’s spot for next year. If you did not receive one you can pick one up in the office.
- Parents, due to safety reasons, we can not allow learners to enter our parking lot alone via the short wall adjacent to the Starbucks parking lot exit. Please park and walk them through our green gates or drive them to the school parking lot and use our valet line. For your convenience and the safety of all learners, morning valet is strongly encouraged and lasts from 8:30 to 9 a.m. Our traffic pattern is below.
- Attention Parents: If you want your child to have breakfast at iLEAD, please have them at school by 8:45 a.m. so they are not late to class. Class starts at 9 a.m.
- We are collecting Box Top$ in the office. Please bring them in when you can.
- Get your iLEAD T-Shirts, only $10.
- 2016-2017 Yearbooks REDUCED PRICE! $10 (they were $20). Panoramic pictures ($17). Both are available in the office for sale, while supplies last.
Please submit your free/reduced lunch application to the front office as soon as possible. Lunch balances must remain under $20 this school year. Please make payments in the front office. NO LUNCH on Fridays.
Breakfast $ 1.60
Lunch $ 2.75
Breakfast 30 cents
Lunch 40 cents
Hello parents! We encourage the use of VALET for all drop-off and pickup for safety reasons. Avenue K and 20th West is a busy commerce intersection and we value the safety of our learners! Remember, if you are not using valet, all children should be walked to the front door by their parent/guardian. Learners without a chaperone will warrant a call home.
- No learners will be released without a valet card and proper ID.
- Please always enter our lot via the following directions: driving westbound on K-4 and curving right onto 22nd St West and turning right onto Avenue K then right into our driveway. DO NOT turn left into our driveways and always pull as far to the right (curb) as you can get when using the valet line. PLEASE PULL TO THE CURB WHEN WAITING FOR VALET TO BEGIN. STAGGERING PICKUP PREVENTS A BACKUP DOWN AVENUE K. Blocking traffic is illegal Please DO NOT park in VET parking lots — your vehicle will be towed.
- Be very mindful when choosing where to park when visiting our campus for any reason. If you need to drop off your learner and valet is over, please park and walk your learner in. Learners without a parent cannot be properly checked in late.
- Please do not double park or pull up and let your learner out in front of the school, ever. It is very dangerous.
- Please remember that our neighbors are very supportive of our site — despite the impact we have on their daily operations — and that all of our neighbors love iLEAD. Let’s show them the same support by parking in iLEAD parking lots ONLY or the marked green approved area on the map, as well as not blocking driveways and always yielding to our neighbors when using valet.
If you need clarification as to where to park please ask ANY iLEAD employee. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT TURNING LEFT INTO THE VALET ENTRANCE AND OUT OF THE EXIT IS A HAZARD TO BOTH YOUR VEHICLE AND OUR LEARNERS. IT IS ALSO A TRAFFIC PATTERN DISRUPTION and may warrant a citation from law enforcement who frequent our valet area.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our learners and your vehicles safe!
Learners will be more active and exerting much more energy outside. With that said they will need refreshing fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and as much water as possible. We’d like to share with you our health and wellness policy to reference and support you and your learners in making good food choices for nourishing the body and mind.
Please keep healthy choices in mind when packing snacks and lunches for school. Thank you for helping us support your learner!
We’ve seen an influx of Heelys on campus. Learners are zipping along the halls and on the play spaces. While we LOVE fun and seeing our learners enjoying themselves, we have to ask that they don’t use the wheels while at school. Please understand this is a safety concern for learners and staff. We want to prevent accidents and keep everyone safe. Heelys brand shoes can be worn, — just please remove the wheels for school.
General safety guidelines also include no skateboards or bicycles being ridden on campus; they must be carried and walked.
Thank you for your understanding and support!