(Please see the school calendar for more information)
- Oct. 3, Oct. 17 Oct. 21, Oct. 24 – Campus Tours
- Oct. 4 – Picture Day
- Oct. 7-8 – Bark in the Park
- Oct. 9-13 – Mid-fall break for learners
- Oct. 14 – Laps4Literacy, CCRC Event at Lancaster Jethawks
- Oct. 28 – BOOlvd on Lancaster BLVD
- Oct. 31 – AM costume parade
Hello, my name is Angela Castro. I am the third grade C.A.R.E. team member as well as the Before C.A.R.E. team member at iLEAD AV. I love to spend time with my family and four dogs. My hobbies include reading, cooking and crafting. My favorite time of year is Christmas. I am an easy-going person and look forward to a great year.
Hi, my name is Gabriel Mejia, I am the C.A.R.E. team member for 2nd grade here at iLEAD AV. I also teach Minecraft workshops. This is my third year here at iLEAD AV. I enjoy working with the learners and every day is an exciting experience. In my spare time I spend time with my family and friends, going out to dinner and the movies. I’m happy to be part of the iLEAD team and look forward to an awesome year!
Mr. Bogdan, the 5th grade facilitator, is the lifeguard for the swimming workshops. The learners will be learning several swimming skills. In beginning swim they will be learning floating and front kicks. In free swim they will be learning streamline positioning, treading and sculling, survival skills for the pool, and life saving techniques (what would you do if you saw someone drowning?). In intermediate swim, they will be learning freestyle stroke, backstroke, breaststroke, and the butterfly, along with touch turns and flip turns.
1) Parent Square – Download the app to your smart phone for free and get instant alerts
2) Monday Message – Sign up and read the weekly message for upcoming events and opportunities.
3) iSupport – Get involved and help make change! Join iLEAD’s version of PTA. We need you! Learn More
4) Website – Check out the iLEAD website for a calendar of important dates.
Extended Care Information
Hours are Monday-Friday 6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. We charge $1 per minute after 5:30. Any family that picks up after 5:30 three times will be excluded from extended care.
Parents who pick up during regular school hours need to enter through the front gate and proceed past the pool area, past room 12 through the south gate and around to room 17. Please do not go through the classrooms.
The learners started their workshops last week and what fun they had. They are already signing in American Sign Language, speaking Spanish, learning the backstroke in swimming, cool dance moves, and how to design a website, just to name a few things.
- We are collecting Box Top$ in the office. Please bring them in when you can.
- Lunch bills will be going out in October. Please look for them in your child’s backpacks. You can make payments in the office.
- If you have not turned in your master agreements, they are due NOW!
- First day packets went home on Aug. 22 and they were due back on Friday, Sept. 1. Please turn in immediately.
- Get your iLEAD T-shirts, only $10.
- 2016-2017 school yearbooks are still available for a short time in the office, $20
iLEAD Schools’ 3rd annual Amazing Race will be Sunday, Oct. 22. This all iLEAD Schools event is fun for all ages, and a great way to connect with other iLEAD Schools families. Watch upcoming Monday Messages for more details!
Please submit your free/reduced lunch application to the front office as soon as possible. Lunch balances must remain under $20 this school year. Please make payments in the front office. NO LUNCH on Fridays.
Breakfast $ 1.60
Lunch $ 2.75
Breakfast 30 cents
Lunch 40 cents
Hello parents! We encourage the use of VALET for all drop-off and pickup for safety reasons. Avenue K and 20th West is a busy commerce intersection and we value the safety of our learners! Remember, if you are not using valet, all children should be walked to the front door by their parent/guardian. Learners without a chaperone will warrant a call home.
- No learners will be released without a valet card and proper ID.
- Please always enter our lot via the following directions: driving westbound on K-4 and curving right onto 22nd St West and turning right onto Avenue K then right into our driveway. DO NOT turn left into our driveways and always pull as far to the right (curb) as you can get when using the valet line. PLEASE PULL TO THE CURB WHEN WAITING FOR VALET TO BEGIN. STAGGERING PICKUP PREVENTS A BACKUP DOWN AVENUE K. Blocking traffic is illegal Please DO NOT park in VET parking lots — your vehicle will be towed.
- Be very mindful when choosing where to park when visiting our campus for any reason. If you need to drop off your learner and valet is over, please park and walk your learner in. Learners without a parent cannot be properly checked in late.
- Please do not double park or pull up and let your learner out in front of the school, ever. It is very dangerous.
- Please remember that our neighbors are very supportive of our site — despite the impact we have on their daily operations — and that all of our neighbors love iLEAD. Let’s show them the same support by parking in iLEAD parking lots ONLY or the marked green approved area on the map, as well as not blocking driveways and always yielding to our neighbors when using valet.
If you need clarification as to where to park please ask ANY iLEAD employee. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT TURNING LEFT INTO THE VALET ENTRANCE AND OUT OF THE EXIT IS A HAZARD TO BOTH YOUR VEHICLE AND OUR LEARNERS. IT IS ALSO A TRAFFIC PATTERN DISRUPTION and may warrant a citation from law enforcement who frequent our valet area.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our learners and your vehicles safe!
Learners will be more active and exerting much more energy outside. With that said they will need refreshing fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and as much water as possible. We’d like to share with you our health and wellness policy to reference and support you and your learners in making good food choices for nourishing the body and mind.
Please keep healthy choices in mind when packing snacks and lunches for school. Thank you for helping us support your learner!
We’ve seen an influx of Heelys on campus. Learners are zipping along the halls and on the play spaces. While we LOVE fun and seeing our learners enjoying themselves, we have to ask that they don’t use the wheels while at school. Please understand this is a safety concern for learners and staff. We want to prevent accidents and keep everyone safe. Heelys brand shoes can be worn, — just please remove the wheels for school.
General safety guidelines also include no skateboards or bicycles being ridden on campus; they must be carried and walked.
Thank you for your understanding and support!