(Please see the school calendar for more information)
- Oct. 24, Oct. 31 – Campus Tours
- Oct. 28 – BOOlvd on Lancaster BLVD
- Oct. 31 – AM costume parade
- Nov. 3 – Fall Festival
- Nov. 8 – McTeachers Fundraiser, Challenger & K McDonalds
- Nov. 10 – Veterans’ Day- No School
- Nov. 17 – Multi Cultural Feast
Pre-purchase tickets for an entry to win a TURKEY!
**Pre-sale tickets on sale in the front office beginning Oct. 17!
4 tickets for $1! Raffle to win a free TURKEY if you pre-purchase. Just pre-purchase to be entered to win! Winner announced at the event at 7:45 p.m.
My name is Rebecca Ortiz. I am the C.A.R.E. team member for kindergarten at iLEAD AV. I also teach the Book Club workshop. On my off time I am a student at CSUB, currently working on my bachelor’s degree. I also enjoy spending time with my family and friends. This is my third year at iLEAD AV and I am very happy to be a part of the iLEAD AV team! I hope everyone has a fantastic year!
My name is Silvia Mora and I am the first grade C.A.R.E. team member and also teach the Spanish workshop here at iLEAD AV. I have three beautiful kids who attend iLEAD AV. I love working with the learners, they make me very happy to know that I made a difference throughout their day. I love to spend time with my kids and family.
Mr. Roque, the second grade facilitator, teaches “Rock Band” to our learners each week. He says he wants to inspire them to learn something they never learned before. Even if they have no experience playing a musical instrument or singing, he wants Rock Band to be a comfortable place for them to come in and have fun while learning how to play the guitar, drums, tambourine, keyboards, and maracas, and sing cool songs!
Says Mr. Roque: “Rock band is a safe, creative space where learners can come in and feel welcome no matter what level they are on and a place where you can actually learn how to play a real instrument. My goal for this workshop is to inspire future musicians and creatives to fall in love with music.”
1) Parent Square – Download the app to your smart phone for free and get instant alerts
2) Monday Message – Sign up and read the weekly message for upcoming events and opportunities.
3) iSupport – Get involved and help make change! Join iLEAD’s version of PTA. We need you! Learn More
4) Website – Check out the iLEAD website for a calendar of important dates.
- We are collecting Box Top$ in the office. Please bring them in when you can.
- Lunch bills will be going out in October. Please look for them in your child’s backpacks. You can make payments in the office.
- If you have not turned in your master agreements, they are due NOW!
- First day packets went home on Aug. 22 and they were due back on Friday, Sept. 1. Please turn in immediately.
- Get your iLEAD T-shirts, only $10.
- 2016-2017 school yearbooks are still available for a short time in the office, $20
Please submit your free/reduced lunch application to the front office as soon as possible. Lunch balances must remain under $20 this school year. Please make payments in the front office. NO LUNCH on Fridays.
Breakfast $ 1.60
Lunch $ 2.75
Breakfast 30 cents
Lunch 40 cents
Hello parents! We encourage the use of VALET for all drop-off and pickup for safety reasons. Avenue K and 20th West is a busy commerce intersection and we value the safety of our learners! Remember, if you are not using valet, all children should be walked to the front door by their parent/guardian. Learners without a chaperone will warrant a call home.
- No learners will be released without a valet card and proper ID.
- Please always enter our lot via the following directions: driving westbound on K-4 and curving right onto 22nd St West and turning right onto Avenue K then right into our driveway. DO NOT turn left into our driveways and always pull as far to the right (curb) as you can get when using the valet line. PLEASE PULL TO THE CURB WHEN WAITING FOR VALET TO BEGIN. STAGGERING PICKUP PREVENTS A BACKUP DOWN AVENUE K. Blocking traffic is illegal Please DO NOT park in VET parking lots — your vehicle will be towed.
- Be very mindful when choosing where to park when visiting our campus for any reason. If you need to drop off your learner and valet is over, please park and walk your learner in. Learners without a parent cannot be properly checked in late.
- Please do not double park or pull up and let your learner out in front of the school, ever. It is very dangerous.
- Please remember that our neighbors are very supportive of our site — despite the impact we have on their daily operations — and that all of our neighbors love iLEAD. Let’s show them the same support by parking in iLEAD parking lots ONLY or the marked green approved area on the map, as well as not blocking driveways and always yielding to our neighbors when using valet.
If you need clarification as to where to park please ask ANY iLEAD employee. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT TURNING LEFT INTO THE VALET ENTRANCE AND OUT OF THE EXIT IS A HAZARD TO BOTH YOUR VEHICLE AND OUR LEARNERS. IT IS ALSO A TRAFFIC PATTERN DISRUPTION and may warrant a citation from law enforcement who frequent our valet area.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our learners and your vehicles safe!
Learners will be more active and exerting much more energy outside. With that said they will need refreshing fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and as much water as possible. We’d like to share with you our health and wellness policy to reference and support you and your learners in making good food choices for nourishing the body and mind.
Please keep healthy choices in mind when packing snacks and lunches for school. Thank you for helping us support your learner!
We’ve seen an influx of Heelys on campus. Learners are zipping along the halls and on the play spaces. While we LOVE fun and seeing our learners enjoying themselves, we have to ask that they don’t use the wheels while at school. Please understand this is a safety concern for learners and staff. We want to prevent accidents and keep everyone safe. Heelys brand shoes can be worn, — just please remove the wheels for school.
General safety guidelines also include no skateboards or bicycles being ridden on campus; they must be carried and walked.
Thank you for your understanding and support!