(Please see the school calendar for more information)
- Sept. 12 – School Tour 9:30 a.m.
- Sept. 15 – ILP’s
- Sept., 21, 22, 29 – ILP’s
- Sept. 21 – Minimum day all grades
- Sept. 29-Oct. 1 – Streets of Lancaster
Hello, My name is Linda Mendoza, I am the health aide at iLEAD AV. My hobbies include baking cookies and brownies. I have one son, and his name is Christian. We like to go out of town a lot to visit family, the beach and theme parks as well. I love roller coasters — I like to feel the rush of falling. I’m a very nice and caring person who loves to try new things.
1) Parent Square – Download the app to your smart phone for free and get instant alerts
2) Monday Message – Sign up and read the weekly message for upcoming events and opportunities.
3) iSupport – Get involved and help make change! Join iLEAD’s version of PTA. We need you! Learn More
4) Website – Check out the iLEAD website for a calendar of important dates.
- Workshops will be starting in late September for this semester. The workshop interest forms went out last week and are due now. We have added a few more this year, like Comics & Graphic Novel Club, Website Design, Chess Club, Musicals & Theater Club, and Color Guard (4th-6th grades only). Please go over the many workshops we provide with your learner and turn in the forms if you haven’t yet.
- The 4th-6th grade watched a very special performance by the Lancaster High School Color Guard Team led by Miss Taylr. They were here to show our learners what to expect when they sign up for the color guard workshop! They thoroughly enjoyed watching the team dance and throw the poles and flags. Over 40 learners signed up and we can’t wait for it to begin!
- If you have not turned in your Master Agreements, they are due NOW!
- First-day packets went home on 8/22 and they were due back on Friday, Sept. 1. Please turn in immediately.
- Get your iLEAD T-Shirts, only $10.
- 2016-2017 school yearbooks are still available for a short time in the office, $20.
Got milk… cartons?
We have an important request to help our third-grade learners with a project-based learning assignment: Their first presentation of learning (POL) is under way and they will be growing plants in milk cartons. They need about 50 empty milk cartons! Parents, if you could have your learners bring empty milk cartons to Mr. O’s room (Antonio Ortega) it would be greatly appreciated!
Please submit your free/reduced lunch application to the front office as soon as possible. Lunch balances must remain under $20 this school year. Please make payments in the front office. NO LUNCH on Fridays.
Breakfast $ 1.60
Lunch $ 2.75
Breakfast 30 cents
Lunch 40 cents
Hello parents! We encourage the use of VALET for all drop-off and pickup for safety reasons. Avenue K and 20th West is a busy commerce intersection and we value the safety of our learners! Remember, if you are not using valet, all children should be walked to the front door by their parent/guardian. Learners without a chaperone will warrant a call home.
- No learners will be released without a valet card and proper ID.
- Please always enter our lot via the following directions: driving westbound on K-4 and curving right onto 22nd St West and turning right onto Avenue K then right into our driveway. DO NOT turn left into our driveways and always pull as far to the right (curb) as you can get when using the valet line. PLEASE PULL TO THE CURB WHEN WAITING FOR VALET TO BEGIN. STAGGERING PICKUP PREVENTS A BACKUP DOWN AVENUE K. Blocking traffic is illegal Please DO NOT park in VET parking lots — your vehicle will be towed.
- Be very mindful when choosing where to park when visiting our campus for any reason. If you need to drop off your learner and valet is over, please park and walk your learner in. Learners without a parent cannot be properly checked in late.
- Please do not double park or pull up and let your learner out in front of the school, ever. It is very dangerous.
- Please remember that our neighbors are very supportive of our site — despite the impact we have on their daily operations — and that all of our neighbors love iLEAD. Let’s show them the same support by parking in iLEAD parking lots ONLY or the marked green approved area on the map, as well as not blocking driveways and always yielding to our neighbors when using valet.
If you need clarification as to where to park please ask ANY iLEAD employee. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT TURNING LEFT INTO THE VALET ENTRANCE AND OUT OF THE EXIT IS A HAZARD TO BOTH YOUR VEHICLE AND OUR LEARNERS. IT IS ALSO A TRAFFIC PATTERN DISRUPTION and may warrant a citation from law enforcement who frequent our valet area.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our learners and your vehicles safe!
Learners will be more active and exerting much more energy outside. With that said they will need refreshing fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and as much water as possible. We’d like to share with you our health and wellness policy to reference and support you and your learners in making good food choices for nourishing the body and mind.
Please keep healthy choices in mind when packing snacks and lunches for school. Thank you for helping us support your learner!
We’ve seen an influx of Heelys on campus. Learners are zipping along the halls and on the play spaces. While we LOVE fun and seeing our learners enjoying themselves, we have to ask that they don’t use the wheels while at school. Please understand this is a safety concern for learners and staff. We want to prevent accidents and keep everyone safe. Heelys brand shoes can be worn, — just please remove the wheels for school.
General safety guidelines also include no skateboards or bicycles being ridden on campus; they must be carried and walked.
Thank you for your understanding and support!
Isabella Sandfrey is in the 5th grade here at iLEAD AV. She sang the “Star Spangled Banner” at the JetHawks game on Friday, Sept. 1. She did an amazing job and we are so proud of her! You can catch Belle in a play at Arbor Court theater the weekend of Sept. 23!
Lucas Olbes was the lucky winner to throw out the first pitch! Thank you Lucas for being part of our iLEAD AV Family!