Note: We will regularly update this page regarding our response to the coronavirus pandemic, including modified operations and reopening plans.
iLEAD Family Resource Helpline
We want to thank you for all you do for your children. Our lives have been shaken and changed by the COVID-19 pandemic. No matter what you’re feeling and experiencing, we want you to know you are not alone. Though we’re separated by physical distance, we’re here for you and united in our mission to serve our learners, families, and one another.
To strengthen our sense of community and provide an opportunity to communicate honestly throughout this time, we launched the iLEAD Family Resource helpline available to you, toll-free, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
2020-21 School Year Communications from iLEAD
- 8/26/20: iLEAD California Executive Team: Welcome Back!
- 8/24/20: Fall 2020 Distance Learning Instructions
- 7/23/20: iLEAD California Executive Team: Fall Reopening Plans and Survey
- 7/6/20: iLEAD California Executive Team: Fall Reopening Plans
- 5/29/20: We need your input regarding the 2020-2021 school year! Take our 2-minute poll
Free Breakfast and Lunch for All Children
Based on the recent announcement from the USDA, we are excited to announce the return of the Summer Seamless Program, free meals to all. Starting Monday, September 14, we will be providing meals to all children up to 18 years of age at no charge. You do not need to be an enrolled learner in order to receive free meals. Each child will receive one grab-and-go breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday except on school holidays. Children need not be present to pick up.
While our site is closed, school meals will be grab-and-go with minimal contact and may not be consumed on-site. Breakfast and lunch will be picked up together at the front gate (2110 W. Avenue K, Lancaster, CA) Monday through Friday, 9:00 to 11:00 AM. For your protection and ours, please wear a cloth face covering when picking up meals.
Please make sure to continue to fill out the Multipurpose Income Form, as this will help to establish your eligibility for when this program stops, and will also help our school in many other ways. This form needs to be filled out for every learner and submitted each year by October 1. It can be submitted in a variety of ways. You can fill it out via a fillable PDF (attached) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, fill out a paper form (attached in English, attached in Spanish) and drop it off at the front office, or — in our newest, completely digital way — you can complete it via the My Mealtime online platform. This new option ensures the confidentiality of your form and can be done from home. Please see the attached instructions (here and here) on how to access this option. Please email all forms (by October 1) and any questions to email@example.com.
iLEAD Fall 2020 Distance Learning Instructions
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year. As you know, we are beginning the year distance learning. Below you will find information about tech tools necessary for this year: Student Email, PowerSchool, and Zoom. If you need any support, please submit a Tech Ticket.
1. Student Email
If you are a returning learner, your school email and password from last year has not changed, and you can log into your email at https://mail.google.com/.
If you are a new learner, your facilitator will be able to provide you with your new email address, or you may submit a Tech Ticket and our technology team can assist you.
An email is not required to log into Zoom.
2. PowerSchool Account Instructions
Click HERE for PowerSchool learner and family training.
Starting Tuesday, August 25, you may log into your account. There will be a PowerSchool video orientation available Monday on your school’s website if you need additional support.
Please wait until Tuesday to log in.
Starting Tuesday, you should have access to your courses. Your facilitator will contact you through PowerSchool with a welcome announcement and instructions on how to get started.
- Your courses are located here: ilead online.learning.powerschool.com.
- Please bookmark this page on your child’s browser. You can access PowerSchool Learning on a desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone. To download the learning app for Apple, click HERE.
- Please log into your new account and bookmark this domain to access your courses.
Your username: Firstname.Lastname or firstname.lastname
Your temporary password: changeme (for new learners only)
Note: if you are a returning learner, your password has not changed.
If you need any assistance logging in, please submit a Tech Ticket.
Do not use the Google log-in option. Scroll down to see the example below.
Please click HERE to visit our Knowledge Base of tips and tutorials.
Please click HERE for technical support.
Technology and Free/Low-Cost Internet
We would like to ensure that all learners have access to our online learning platforms. If you do not have access to a technology device at home, please contact your child’s facilitator.
Online Learning Quick Tips!
Additional School-at-Home Support from iLEAD Schools
Click below to access Home Schooling Answers, brought to you by the iLEAD team:
Helpful Resources for Families During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Explaining Coronavirus and Prevention to Kids
- Resources for Families During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- #COVIBOOK Supporting and reassuring children around the world
- Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease: Messages for parents, school staff, and others working with children
- What you should know about the coronavirus
- What to do if you are sick with the coronavirus
- Stop the spread of germs
2019-20 School Year Communications from iLEAD
- 5/18/20: Student Support: Sensory Needs & Mindfulness for the Whole Child
- 5/13/20: iLEAD California Executive Team: Update on distance learning and continued services
- 5/13/20: Distance Learning Grading Policy
- 4/24/20: Student Support: Mental Health Webinar Series
- 4/6/20: Student Support: Speech Take-Home Packet
- 4/4/20: Student Support Webinars: Speech & OT
- 3/30/20: Student Support: Prior Written Notice Re: Charter/LEA Closure to Prevent/Contain the Spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- 3/23/20: Message from iLEAD Director of Student Support: Student Support Webinars: Tips/Tricks
- 3/21/20: iLEAD California Executive Team: Gov. Newsom “Stay at Home” order, Los Angeles County Superintendent of Schools Debra Duardo recommends extended closure of public schools until 5/5/20, continued services
- 3/19/20: iLEAD California Executive Team: Los Angeles County “Safer at Home” order, continued services
- 3/13/20: iLEAD California Executive Team: Temporary site closure, transition to online learning
- 3/16/20: Letter to Parents and Guardians of iLEAD Student Support Learners
- 3/11/20: iLEAD Antelope Valley Leadership: Technology access survey
- 2/28/20: iLEAD California Executive Team: Monitoring public health situation, preparing online learning
In our approach to education at iLEAD Antelope Valley, we emphasize methods that foster learners’ social-emotional learning. Social-emotional learning is the process through which learners understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others,
If you haven’t had a chance yet, please read on. Thank you for your time! The start of school means getting to know new friends, facilitators, and routines, adjusting to a new way of learning, and, of course, filling out
Greetings, iLEAD community, Last spring, when the COVID-19 pandemic forced our learning community to physically distance, we launched a weekly campaign with the goal to reunite our facilitators and families and lift their spirits. Every week, a new Together Tuesday video featured photos of