The Valet Process: Policy Update Regarding Learner Pickup in the Front Office
Dear iLEAD AV families,
As you know, our valet process has changed for the better! Because of this and the fact that we all work together on valet, there will be no learner pickup in the front office after 3:15 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 12:15 p.m. on Fridays and minimum days.
Thank you and we’ll see you in valet!
To make the valet process smooth, learners line up on the field with their facilitators so they’re ready to go. Parents can come between 3:30 to 4:00 p.m. to pick up learners. All learners still here after 4:00 p.m. will be walked to Extended Care. Please note that Extended Care is $3 per hour per learner.
Please take time to review our valet process for drop-off and pick-up.
- In the mornings, the valet gate opens at 8:00 a.m.
- In the afternoon, the valet gate opens at 3:00 p.m.
- Many of you requested the opportunity to walk on-site to pick up your learners in the afternoon. Please park on 22nd Street West, walk onto the valet lot using the exit gate, and present your valet card.
- Please remember the valet traffic flow pattern. There are no left turns to enter or exit the lot.
- To help us continue to be good neighbors, please do not block the driveways for Miller Elementary School or KinderCare on 22nd St. West. To assist us with that, our leadership and maintenance teams have designed a new flow pattern to get more of our parents inside the valet area.
Pickup is from 3:30 to 4:00 p.m. Learners who have not been retrieved by 4:00 p.m. will go to Extended Care, and accounts will be billed at $3 per hour per learner.
The owner of the shopping center asked all parents and staff to stop parking there and posted signs warning us that cars would be towed, so that is no longer an option.
To access the lot, please turn right on K-4 from 20th Street West. You will pass Miller Elementary School, drive right around the bend, and make a right into our lot. At the start of the day, your learner will be greeted and escorted onto campus. At the end of the day, your learner will be summoned and escorted to your car. Please be sure to post your valet card on the dashboard daily. Once your learner is safely in your car, you will exit the lot and make a right, which will take you to Avenue K. We will have cones, signs, and iLEAD team members on standby to support you and the learners.
In the mornings, the valet lot will open at 8:00 a.m. In the afternoon, it will open at 3:00 p.m. for dismissal. If you are walking your learner to class in the morning, we will have a parking area in the lot just for you.
What does it take to really succeed? Some might call it drive or determination. At iLEAD Antelope Valley, we like to call it grit, and it is a crucial component of social-emotional learning. We define grit as “having courage and
Parents and caregivers, would you like to host a Zoom fun day? If you’d like to join the fun of hosting, we are looking for volunteers to host cooking demonstrations, craft activities, dance parties, hangouts, trivia nights, movie nights, drawing
We have very limited enrollment available for immediate start. Complete our interest form today! INTEREST FORM Do you know someone who would love iLEAD AV! Help us spread the word by sharing this article with a friend!